I never forget the very first time I had a cup of hot apple cider, I was in Germany in the pick of winter, excited to explore but also desperate for a warm drink that’s not tea or coffee. Let me note, I didn’t grow up with Apple Cider as a drink you casually have, it wasn’t part of my food culture, I had no idea what it is, so you can imagine what a revelation it was, after I had the very first sip!
The taste was so sweet and comforting, the smell was delighting my brain and my body was warm instantly!
Obviously, I became a fan and served myself one too many during my stay, zero regrets!
Now here’s a pumped up recipe to delight your senses even more:
– 4 cups Cranberry Juice
- 2 cups Apple juice
- 2 cups Orange juice
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops Clementine essential oil
- 1 drop Clove essential oil
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 Orange, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey or if vegan Agave, plus more to taste
- Cinnamon stick and fresh Cranberries for garnish
- Combine everything minus the Cinnamon stick and fresh Cranberry, in stockpot over medium heat
- Bring to a gentle simmer
- Allow to simmer for at least an hour, so the flavors can mingle
- Taste and add more essential oils or honey/agave if desired
- Serve hot (add garnish as desired)
You can store your Apple Cider in the 5 fridge for up to 5 days.
On a fun note, you can gran your Clementine essential oil for free when you process your LRP 125 PV or higher between 1-15 of Oct.