If you’re anything like me, then in your home, chocolate is here to stay, and I mean TO STAY!
I’m into dark, raw and a tad bitter kind, the ones that you just need a bite to be satisfied for a very long time, however that’s not most people, and I get that!
So here’s a cool, super sexy, tasty and a touch sweeter recipe for those moments when you crave that sweet thing and you’re really trying super hard to make it as healthy as possible!
125 grams dark chocolate (65 percent cocoa or higher :))
4 tablespoons almond milk (or other nut milk of choice)
1 teaspoon coconut oil, refined
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 drop Wild Orange oil
Freeze-dried raspberries (or freeze-dried raspberry powder)
***The dried raspberries covering the truffles are beautiful, but feel free to experiment with dried coconut flakes, crushed nuts, and (for real dark chocolate lovers) cocoa powder!
- Combine almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond extract in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until ingredients are combined, but do not boil.
- Break up chocolate into a glass mixing bowl and pour hot ingredients over chocolate.
- Stir until smooth, then add Wild Orange oil to taste. Place your mixture in the refrigerator and let cool for 3 hours, or until the mixture is firm enough to hold shape.
- Using a spoon, form chocolate into balls and roll over crushed dried raspberries. Place back in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes, then remove and indulge!
You’re so welcome!